Monday, October 19, 2015

Graffiti: From the streets to Clothes

It's a Monday. I didn't want to get out of bed. It was way too cold. My window was opened and my fan was on. I was thinking today was just a "no." No, I didn't want to get out of bed so today was a lazy day for me. I put on basic jeans and a sweatshirt. I put on my shoes which were my Ed Hardy sneakers; all white and "graffiti-ed" out. It has flowers and different abstract designs on them. I went throughout my day and to my last class, which was Calculus. I sat down ten minutes before class waiting quietly. A few more classmates come in and one says, "Whoa! Did you graffiti your shoes yourself?" Sadly no, I didn't because I am not artistic at all. My artistic ability is at like a -1,000,000,000. Then I had an idea of what I should write about today, which is graffiti art. No not the ones on the streets, but the abstract art and creativity that get transferred onto clothes.

Personally I love my Ed Hardy sneakers just because of the abstract art. It has a sense of edge and modern feel. There are artist all around and many of them showcase their talent and their passion through abstract art and their art is displayed on different clothes. You can simply wear a graphic tee with an abstract design to make a statement and pair it with a simple pair of jeans and a sneaker. Or you can have a one-piece clothing statement with an abstract designed dress. This is in for this spring. You can also call it pop art. This trend is very modern. So if you’re into the new way of expressing yourself through modern clothing this is a perfect way for you to do it. Don’t just look at awesome abstract art on a wall. Be brave and edgy and wear it. You’d sure make a statement of artistic creativity.   

No comments:

Post a Comment