Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Button Down

On Tuesday night, my brother was planning to go out with co-workers for dinner. I was left at home to defend for myself, but that’s not the point.

I was sitting in my room and he comes in and asks me, “Does this look ok?”

He was wearing a navy blue collared shirt and dark blue jeans. It was too much blue for me. He looked like a smurf (I’m sorry, I had to).

 I said, “Mmmm, no not really. Do you have a button up shirt?” “

No,” he said with his head down.

 “Ok, I’ll buy you a shirt, let’s go to Target.”

We spent an hour at Target and I picked him out a gray long sleeve button up and a new pair of jeans. To go underneath, I picked out a burgundy shirt, for just a pop of color. A fall color specifically. He tried it on. He walked out of the dressing room and he looked 10 times better than all his blue that he was wearing. Just that simple button down made his look go from a 2 to a 10.

Men, you need to have a button down in your closet. I feel like it’s a must because you don’t know when you’ll need it. You might need it just for a night out with your co-workers. And looking nice in general is just a plus.


My brother looked pretty nice that night and it was just a simple button down with jeans. It’s easy to pair it with anything and you’ll look classic and handsome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment